Monday, February 25, 2008

Glossing over the essay blog

In my paper, I researched JuicyCampus.com and I found that the website is far worse than I ever realized. The themes that continue to recur throughout the essay are ones associated with reputation, rumors, gossip, and anonymity. What surprised me most about this topic were the problems that occur as a result of such a small and, what I had originally thought, inconsequential website. The idea of a posted rumor ruining not only someone’s career but reputation forever had never occurred to me. I realize now that I need to focus more on people’s careers and lives that were ruined as a result of online posts, despite the fact that the posts may not even be truthful. I repeat the idea of ruining reputations a lot, and how colleges have tried to ban such a website from their campuses. Instead of arguing more for this website to be taken down, I need to write about ways that this website has affected people and research into the positives, if they do exist.

No comments: